Guidelines for picking strawberries and visiting our farm
GUIDELINES FOR THE berry FIELds
When you come out to the farm to pick your own berries we want everyone to have fun and to be safe! So we have a few guidelines to help ensure we all have good time while being mindful of others and your surroundings, please take a moment to read over our rules.
1. Children must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times. Kids love picking strawberries and we love kids! But for the safety of your kids please keep an eye on them, we are a working farm which means tractors and other vehicles are never far away.
2. For food safety reasons, we ask that you not bring pets into the fields with you.
3. Please watch where you step! The black plastic covering the rows is fragile and we want to keep it in good shape for optimal growing conditions for the berries and future crops. Stepping on the black plastic will tear the plastic.
4. Please wash all fruit before consuming! The berries are constantly exposed to nature, so for your safety we ask that you wash berries prior to eating them.
5. Please read the WARNING below regarding assuming the risk of the farm's agritourism activities. (NC Law)
6. HAVE FUN AND PLEASE COME BACK SOON!
Under North Carolina law, there is no liability for an injury or death of a participant in an agritourism activity conducted at this agritourism location if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of the agritourism activity. Inherent risks of agritourism activities include, among others: risks of injury inherent to the land, equipment and animals, as well as the potential for you to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to your injury or death.